With Christmas on the way, are you planning to celebrate the season with a new baby on board? If so, and you are breastfeeding, then you’re probably thinking about how to look your best self while remaining comfortable and cool. After all, looking after your baby’s needs should go hand in hand with looking after your own, and our Peachymama team has made it so easy for you to accomplish this.
Here are our top tips:
1. Gift wrap yourself! – Try wrap dresses and crossover tops which are both stylish and practical. Because of the way that they are made, wrap dresses and crossover tops allow you to feed your baby or pump with ease and comfort. They also offer a good amount of coverage to ensure your privacy.
2. Wear mid-rise pants – Low-rise pants don’t support your post-pregnancy belly, but just check out our awesome postpartum pants. These will help keep your belly in and give you a great shape.
3. Avoid clingy clothes – Clingy and slim-fit clothes when your body is yet to return to its pre-pregnancy state will make you look bulky and overweight. Instead, opt for flowing dress styles that will hide any bumps and bulges.
Peachymama’s dresses have concealed openings that allow you to feed the baby or pump anytime with ease. The cool thing about these dresses is that you can keep wearing them even after you have stopped breastfeeding.
4. Use nursing bra pads – Most of us have experienced uncontrollable and awkward moments when breast milk soaks right through our clothing. When dressing up during the festive season, don’t forget your nursing bra pads. This way you won’t have to worry about your beautiful outfit becoming damp-stained, especially if you are in company.
5. Wear a nursing bra – A nursing bra allows you to breastfeed your baby conveniently, or to pump. Instead of undoing a regular bra, a section of the nursing bra which is held up by clips can easily be unhooked. When you’re done, you can easily hook it right up.
6. Add a touch of makeup – Some mums love makeup, especially if they wore lots pre-pregnancy. Others don’t. As with most things, the choice is yours. Wearing makeup, even if it’s a minimal amount, can give you a fresh new look and confident glow. Use a tinted moisturiser and a concealer to cover up any blemishes, and a bronzer or highlighter to accentuate your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose. A lip balm and moisturiser is an absolute must for any new mum who has felt like her skin has become drier after the birthing experience.
When dressing up for the festive season, using a pink-tinted lipstick gives your face a fresher look. And of course, there’s always mascara, eyeliner and eye-shadow to complete your look for a party!
7. Special occasion dresses – The upcoming festive season may involve parties, spending time with family, friends, and colleagues, and special dinners or events. Finding a dress that looks sensational but which is also practical for breastfeeding mums isn’t difficult, though. Consider an evergreen dress style from the Peachymama range to see you through this summer’s parties and gatherings.
8. Accessorise! – An outfit is never complete without accessories. Michael Kors said, “I’ve always thought of accessories as the exclamation point of a woman’s outfit.” Wearing accessories is a great way to spice up any outfit. It might be a matching set of earrings, neckpiece, bracelet or simply a pretty scarf and matching shoes. Whatever it is, it can definitely accentuate your clothing and complete your look.
Whatever the festive season has planned for you, the whole team at Peachymama wishes you, and your bub, a safe and happy time.