Looking for a way to sneak a serving or two of healthy vegetables into your kids’ diet? One of our favourite recipes is the zucchini slice. With just a bit of planning, you can put together a tasty dish loaded with tonnes of veggies (though your kids will never know!) that can be served hot or cold with just ten minutes of prep!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small zucchinis, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 rashers of bacon, chopped (or omit the bacon for a vegetarian-friendly option)
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
Putting it all together could not be simpler!
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Take a large baking dish and spray it with oil, or you can spray and line a non-stick lamington tin. Set it aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and then spoon the mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the mixture.
- Bake the zucchini slice for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the cheese has browned.
Switch up the veggies that you add to this dish to suit what you have left over in the fridge or to try different flavours. Corn kernels, shallots, and shredded beans are all delicious options.