Pregnancy hormones can make you feel all kinds of emotions at the same time. One minute you feel blessed to be here, and the next minute you feel unsure of what the future will bring. A lot of mums-to-be turn to meditation during this time. Meditation can have positive effects on mums by helping to reduce stress and anxiety. It also makes it easier for expectant mums to cope with the mood changes, fatigue, and insomnia that often comes with pregnancy.
Meditation helps you reduce depression, stress, and different forms of anxiety. Mums can choose from different types of meditations to work with. There are several meditation apps in the market that you can use from anywhere, at any time. Here is a list of the best meditation apps that can help you while you wait for your little one to arrive.
- Headspace: One of the most popular meditation apps in the market, Headspace allows you to relax in almost no time at all. Mums no longer need to take long meditation breaks to feel the effects. Ten-minute long meditation sessions on Headspace make the process easier for you. These sessions are put together using a scientific approach to help you train your mind to relax and be present. You can try the first 10 sessions for free! After that, you can access the 0-day meditation package for a small subscription fee. The main approach used in Headspace is to help mums-to-be visualise to connect and prepare for the baby's arrival.
- The Mindfulness App: The second app on our list is The Mindfulness App that offers a free five-day trial period. The guided introduction to meditation ranges from 3-minute to 30-minute sessions. Mums can use the time they have during the day to choose the type of meditation session. The app's reminder prompts mums-to-be to relax and meditate. The Mindfulness App has a huge library full of premium courses that you can access online and offline for only $14.99/month or $89.99/year.
- Expectful: Mums love Expectful for its extensive library of content for meditation, pregnancy, sleep, fertility, and parenthood. When you sign up, you can get a 7-days' full access for free. Once the free trial is over, expectant mums use the app for only $9.99/month. Guided audio in 10 to 20-minute formats will help you relax and get rid of all negative feelings. You can even share the experience with your partner by listening to it together.
- Happify: The next great meditation app for expectant mums is Happify. It offers different tools and techniques that help mums effectively cope with stress. Methods suggested in the app have been developed and designed by scientists and experts with evidence-based interventions. This app helps mums in establishing mindfulness, positive psychology, and cognitive behavioural therapy. Download this app and use it at any time of the day.
- Mind the Bump: A free meditation app that is tailor-made for mums, dads, single parents, or adoptive parents, Mind the Bump is perfect for mums willing to try meditation before committing to it completely. It has been developed by psychiatrists and psychologists who specialise in meditation, mental health, and prenatal health. Mind the Bump helps mums and couples from conception through pregnancy, giving tips for up to 24 months after your little one is born. This app also works great for healthcare professionals who are working with new or pregnant mums.
- Gentlebirth: The last meditation app on our list is Gentlebirth. A wonderfully designed app, Gentlebirth uses a combination of mindfulness, hypnosis, sports psychology, and cognitive behavioural to help you nurture positive thoughts. On signing up, members receive exercise and training guidelines to promote mindfulness and deep breathing. The app comes with a 7-day free trial, followed by a subscription package of only $13/month or $95/year.
Meditation can help relax and rid of negative emotions during pregnancy. Using an app helps remind you to meditate throughout your pregnancy and after your bub arrives. Mindfulness allows you to calm down and be centred in your daily life.