This salmon burger hits a home run with everyone from kids and tweens to teens and adults! Kids who typically turn their nose up at a piece of salmon will transform into fish lovers after they try this omega-3 brain boosting recipe.
This is what you’ll need to get started:
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup carrot puree (we have to sneak those veggies in somehow!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 lbs wild salmon, bones and skin removed and chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns (we prefer whole wheat, but whatever works for you and your family is perfect)
Here’s how the recipe all comes together:
- Combine the ginger and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until both are finely chopped, and then add in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, mayo, carrot puree, salt, and salmon. Hit that pulse button again and again until the ingredients are well combined and start to stick together.
- Divide the mixture into six parts and then, using your hands, carefully form a patty with each one. Refrigerate for at least an hour afterwards (this helps firm them up a bit).
- When it’s time to get dinner started, take a skillet and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Place the patties in the skillet and cook them until they are browned (approximately two to three minutes each side). Once they’re done, serve with your choice of bun and toppings!
You can add any number of veggies to this recipe as you like. If you want to create an even healthier version of this recipe, feel free to swap out the full mayo and soy sauce with reduced fat and reduced sodium variations.