These burger patties can be made during the day and kept in the fridge until you are ready for dinner in the evening.
- 500mg minced chicken
- 1 zucchini, peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- 15ml minced garlic
- 30ml breadcrumbs
- 5ml dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- Extra breadcrumbs (for coating)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate. Take a handful of the mix and work it into a patty shape, and place the patty onto the breadcrumbs to coat. Place the patty onto a clean plate and repeat with the remaining mix. Put the patties in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so that they can firm up a bit.
- Take a frying pan and add a layer of non-stick oil. When the pan is hot, place the patties onto the pan and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve on a bun and with a garden salad, sweet potato wedges or a quinoa salad.