This delicious and nutritious dinner can be on the table in half an hour.
- 30ml tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut across the grain into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 250g button mushrooms or mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh birdseye chillies, de-seeded if desired, thinly sliced
- 30ml salt-reduced soy sauce
- 20ml oyster sauce
- 15ml water
- 100g bean sprouts, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Cooked brown rice, quinoa or noodles, to serve
- Take your wok and warm it over high heat for 1 minute. Add 15ml of oil and swirl it around to coat the cooking surface. Heat again or another 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add half the chicken strips and stir-fry the chicken until it is cooked through (approximately 1 to 2 minutes). Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside. Then add most of the other half of the oil and repeat the process with the remaining strips.
- Add all remaining oil to the wok and heat over high until it is very hot. Add the capsicum and oil and then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add broccolini and mushrooms to the wok and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and chillies, and then season with salt. Stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and water. Toss for approximately 1 minute. Return the chicken to the wok and stir until the chicken and the vegetables are coated and the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Remove the wok from the heat, toss in the bean sprouts and coriander, and serve immediately with brown rice, quinoa or noodles.