Hot or cold, you can create your own variations of the recipe to include leftover spinach and feta cheese, ham and pineapple, or roast pumpkin and pine nuts.
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 5ml teaspoon oil
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 90g tasty cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 125ml cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C. While waiting, take a 24 hole mini muffin tin and spray it with cooking spray.
- Take a small frying pan and heat oil over medium heat. Cook the bacon and onion together until the bacon has browned. Allow it to cool.
- While the bacon and onion is cooking, take a 2 5/8” circle shaped cutter and cut out 24 pasty rounds. Place a pasty in each muffin tin.
- Take a small spoonful of bacon and onion and place it in each tin. Sprinkle it with a pinch of cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a jug, and then pour the mixture into the pastry cases until it is just below the top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the top has browned.